Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Squircle



This particular piece is not on canvas (do excuse the lack of clearity on this piece) - but on a huge, long piece of canvas type material which needs to be framed up and I have issues going close enough to show the visual effects due to the size of it.
I am not exactly sure if anyone can relate to this, but have you ever felt like you just don't quite fit the mould?
I remember as a child, one of my favorite toys was a particular hollow shaped octagon-like plastic with different shaped holes on the different sides.There was a star shaped block, a square block, a circle, a rectangle, and the list continues which dictated the hole in which each shape was to go into.
Looking back, I have never really felt like I was a certain shape. In fact, if I were a shape, I would be a squircle - a cross between a square and a circle. And if that block truly existed, it would not have fitted into the circle or the square hole side of the octagon.
I have come to discover that we, in actual fact are not meant to fit the mould. Like unique thumbprints, we are each uniquely different;called to be who we have been wonderfully made to be. There is only one of us in this universe - there is no other person quite like the individuals that we each are. If we decide against living up to be who we are made to be, no one can replicate and relive our lives for us. More often than not, we seem to fancy the notion of coying what others are like. I deem that a waste, for variety is the spice of life. May we dare to be authentic; to be unafraid to be the distinctively different flavours that we each are.

2 comments: