Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Alabaster Jars


One of the things I love is the significance of alabaster jars. It speaks to me of brokeness and humilty. Of coming just as I am; broken, imperfect, chipped and marked but yet be fully accepted. And to be seen in the eyes of what I could potentially become, not just the current state of what I am blows me away. In short - work in progress would suffice to descibe me.
But what I love is how regardless of all the above, a simple object can be a vessel made for noble purposes and so much more. There is more than meets the eye. In ancient times, these were used to hold extravagant perfume. Such seemingly ordinary ornaments but used for innate exquisiteness. Like how vases are formed ; they are moulded and shaped from the miry clay and put into the furnace to retain their shape and to be made whole.
We may be marked, scarred and broken, but out of these trials form true character - the unfading beauty of an indomitable spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment