Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Letting Go


There are times in life when we need to simply let go. I remember clearly the time when I was on a flying fox; after what seemed like 60 seconds of eternity; with me swinging past unending rows of ancient trees at the height of two storeyed buildings and when I finally came to a halt, I thought the worse was over.
Little did I know that there was an important lesson I was about to learn - the lesson of letting go. I was faced with having to let go of the hangar-like gripper to be taken off my safety harness. It took me 20 seconds of contemplation (besides the fact that my arms were aching from supporting my entire body weight the whole time) and some elements of trust that the rope will be strong enough to hold me. It seemed like forever but when I finally did, only was I able to safely set my feet back on solid ground.
Sometimes life requires us to let go. Of things familiar; sometimes of things our hearts hold dear. When that time comes, we are required to lay it all down and trust that we will walk into our destinies.
I let go
I let it roam free
I let go
I throw out the key

Run far dear heart
Run fast
Run the race
If you need to stay a world apart

Move on
To new places ahead
Move on
Many dreams await

I let go
I let it roam free
I let go
Because you first loved me

No comments:

Post a Comment